(TL; DR, my dog has cancer and I am broke after my break-up and hown health problems, so I am selling some of my jewelry to afford treatments, see below for what I offer)EDIT AND NEWS (I will try to keep you posted as frequently as possible on what is going on.)
I met again today with my vet after she called a cancerologist vet from Paris for advice. Together they reviewed Taïga case again as to determine what's the best to do for her. Here is a list of what we know and can/ will do. I apologise if some medical terms are off as I do not know all the translations in english.
It's a cartilagenous carcinoma, located on the upper jaw and palate.
Such cancer , if possible, must be operated asap to take the tumour out. However, in that case it is impossible. To correctly remove such lesion, the operation must also take out at least 2 centimetres around the tumour. The localisation of here in our situation makes that impossible, as well, we do not have 2 centimetres to cut off in her head..
Such cancers spread fast, and do develop metastasis, especially on the lungs. We are establishing an appointment to have Xrays taken to check if it has spread already or not.
So far, Taïga is in absolutely no pain. The only trouble she is facing is a slight discomfort when chewing her kibble, which won't be a problem as she is switched to highly nutritious wet food, to allow her to not sollicitate her jaw any more than necessary.
The cancerologist has mentionned a quite efficient molecule that is used to stall the development of cancer in agressive mammaries tumours. He thinks it may very well stall or at least slow down the development of Taïga's cancer. Sadly what she is suffering from is rather uncommon so not very well documented. Those medications were ordered by my vet and I will receive those tomorrow.
What we will have to keep under strict watch in the following days/ weeks: *Where and how is the tumour spreading: located as it is, it can keep on the palate, goes on front and attack the jaw and teeth, or go down and spread into the sinuses and throat.*The metastasis risk is to be very carefully monitored
*She may start to suffer from mouth bleeding and that too would be problematic (but I have friends with big dogs that are ready to help for the transfusions)
What has the future on hold?
Both vets were bluntly honest. There is nothing we can do to SAVE her life. This tumour can not be removed. BUT, it can be stalled or slowed, even if for a short period of time (a few months, a year?) in which she will keep on living her life as usual.
SO far and I insist on this, She is in no pain! She is fighting bravely like the amazing pup I know she is What will happen if things go downhill?
Well, as bittersweet as it is, I also have been warned that things could get a turn for the worse quite unexpectedely fast, and that, when THAT time will come, my vet will come to my place so Taïga can cross the Rainbow bridge in her home, in our garden, surrounded by all those who love her. She insisted on us planning this too and as painful as it is, I understand why.Now on another subject, I want to thank you all, from the depths of my heart, for you support and care and friendship. The amount of help, kindness, support I received those last days were nothing short of incredible and I can not even start to explain how much it holds me up and together in the task of facing this ordeal. You guys are amazing, and amazing doesn't even cover one percent of your awesomeness.
Please, please, kind donators, do give me your postal address. I want to thank you for your support and what I have in mind requires to sned you something. It would mean a lot to me, and help me express my gratefulness in a way that words can not start to describe.
I am now going back to caring for Taïga and her sister Thémis and I will keep you posted when I have news, thanking you all, friends from near and afar, but always, always close in my heart.
Taïga, my sweet, beloved pup, my lil frenchie girl has cancer.
I was there the day she was born. She was such a cute lil white and pink thing, like a soft furry slug that would squeal with joy as she played and tumbled around with her brothers and sisters.
Except for the few, very few days she was at the vet (aka, neutering) we have never been apart.
And now, my faithul companion, my so loyal friend, my beloved furbaby, is on her last time here on earth.
A growth had appeared in her mouth a couple months ago, and my first trip to the vet wasn't worrying. It isn't uncommon for dogs to have cysts and such. But as I saw the thing get bigger by the day, I ran back to the vet and she took one look and said that it had to go off, asap. Of course, surgery on a french bulldog isn't something done lightly.
It went perfectly well, and we settled to wait for the lab results.
It dropped two days ago.
It's a death warrant for my dog.
Carcinoma survival rates, even with heavy treatments, is 30% in thh following 6 months, and drops to 5% after one year.
I am still stunned by the news that I am going to lose her, way sooner than what I would ever have considered.
She is still playing, happy, cuddly, and not in pain, but it will change, very soon. I look at her snoring on my knees and begging to have her ears scratched just like she likes it and I can not, I CAN NOT imagine her not be here in less than a year.
Everyone who has met her had fell in love with her. She is perfect, smart, loving, playing, so perfectlyu well behaved, mischievous and yet so tender...
I am not ready.
I am so not ready.
But as I have to wrap my head around the fact that we will soon be torn apart, another worry is tearing my heart to shreds.
I am not able to pay right now, for the treatments. She is going to need X rays to see how far it had spread. She is going to need medications and such.
And I can not afford it. I broke up with my boyfriend two months ago and it left me in a dire situation, as he took utilities and such and I had to shoulder the many bills.
I would do anything for my dog. I do not care a little bit about me. For all I care I could go without eating or live in the gutter as long as she is safe and well cared for. I would never, ever beg for me.
but for her?
I beg for help. I ask you to help her, not me.
I would never have done this for anything else but for my dogs.
And even now, I can not stand the idea of just standing there and asking.
so here is the deal.
I am going to sell my jewels, auction those out like some adoptables.
What I have to offer is here:
You can bid under the pics, or privately. The auction will run for 10 days, starting now, the bids will be without shipping fees as I will have to calculate those depending on where you are. I will keep it updated as best as I can, but keep in mind I will also spend a lot of time with Taïga, as I want to be there for her. All the jewels are either one of a kind or very small batches, and all are sterling silver.
If you can not bid but still want to help, you can spread the word, make polls or journals about her. I would be ever so thankful. If you wish I can also send you my paypal address but I rather want to warn you that if you help and do not buy, expect me to do something in return, send you something.. I can't do anything else but I will, I promise. Thank you
What I sell:
Stash link for all pics: sta.sh/2btte0v6rgs?edit=1
Thank you. So so very much.
A very, very broken hearted Spadie.